Best Time of the Year

December is always the best time of the year for me.
My Best Friend will be back for Christmas and it's the only time I get to meet her. 

I get to spend alot of bonding times with love ones.

It's the only time of the year I will be baking non stop from cakes to cookies to special dishes.


Talking about baking, I finally baked another batch of Fruit Cake, the 1st time I baked it was 3 years back when I got back from Singapore. It was not too bad but still eatable. Hahahaha so this year I decided to bake again cause I needed to put my skills to go use again and my significant half mum wanted to have fruit cake too. I made a batch which I soaked the fruits from early of July this year with Rum and Brandy constantly stirring them every 4th night it is to ensure it's well coated evenly.

Funny part I totally forgot to measure them so I ended up baking 3 times the amount of my original recipe. The total batch weighted in at 5.6 kg with a lot of hard work of stirring and the best part of it, the secret to a tasty fruit cake is by mixing the batter by hand because you can actually feel texture this is an old trick my grandma taught me.

So the end product was good and of course I brush with more rum after it came out of the oven to seal the flavor. Wrapped it with foil wrap and into the fridge to chill and ferment more till Christmas. Hope it's better then my 1st batch! 
 The End Product. 

So next week it will be cookies week, my all time special butter almond cookies and chocolate chips cookies.

Hehehehe time to get fat peoples! I can't have my half beside me cause he will definitely finish them all before you know it!

Am kidding I will just make him do the dishes more! Muaks!
Happy Holidays !

Sincerely,

MarcSq

Comments

Popular Posts