Short Vaccay

So what I did spend my Aprils fools day?
Or should I say my 1st day of April ? 

Well it was easy! 

I planned a short trip to Penang with my partner.. Which he was supposing-Ly needed to do all the planning but hmmm I forgive him as his nature of job, he won't be able to do so. 
On the way to penang

So how did it go? Well we left for Penang during midday took a slow drive to Penang as we weren't rushing nor have much planned. Let's detour abit. Planning-so we actually decided to stop planning on what to do for our short trip or stay cations as we will feel so up to schedule. All we want is an relax free and easy going trip. Without anything much to think what's the next move. More of a happy go easy thing. But but!! Not all trips yea! Our longer trips overseas have to be planned. 

Okay back to the story ... What we did when we reached ? We checked in and we both knocked out while watching tv... Crazy right ? Hahahaha.... Okay moving on we woke up and it was kinda already dark so into the shower and back to the streets we were looking for food. 
Char Kuey Teow
Satay Anyone?


P.S we did not drive yea! Lots of walking too like our previous trip in Singapore . So we head to Macalister road for some awesome street food.. Gotta say that food there aren't getting anymore cheaper and also the portions has shrunk a lot. 

We manage to go cafe hunting in Penang. It's a cafe that all people will head to when they are in Penang! Are you guessing it right? *ting* *ting* it's China House Cafe! Did you get it right ? So the cakes there were so tempting and all I could say is screw my diets and my abs! Hahaha... Well It was good I tell you! And while we were spending time .... We decided to play a game in between ourselves kinda funny but I love it... We played from tic tac toe to charades... Can you imagine that 2 adults sitting down in a cafe full of people and yet brave enough to play this game ! It was so funny. We had people staring at us and laughing smiling and some even said they wish they could help out! So we made it back to the hotel and call it a night.
So tempting.


So the next day again we weren't in a rush so we decided to take our time and proceed to Ayer Itam for some good old Asam Laksa before heading up to Kek Lok Si.
The Famous Ayer Itam Asam Laksa
As it's my first time there I also have decided to make a few wishes and ensure that the rest of the year will be smooth and that my relationship will forever remain in honesty and trustworthy. Owh not to mention I made a donation for the temple for a tile. It's something that I will do once in a lifetime. Before heading back to town we stopped over to buy this muar chee from this old lady... I tell you it's the best I ever had. I just melts in your mouth.
So we head down back to town where we decided to rent a bike for the day and cycle to wherever we want without worrying to find parking or traffic. Haha it was the funniest 5 hours of my life as my partners was having the best time of his life riding in fear and balancing. Thanks for the laughter dear and you were getting better at it.. So we did cycle around and we made our way to the famous and good old cendol and char kuey teow and not forgetting rojak too.
His trying his best to balance.
Cendol
Penang Rojak
Char Kuey Teow. Look at those Prawns!
Him trying to be funny!


Once we were done off we go finding for cafes for coffee break...  With lots of cycling and fearing for the safety of our life we made it to a cafe named Pit Stop. Yeah what a name.... but good choice cause it was really a pit stop for us.
Donald Duck Latte 
So after that we speed of back to the hotel to freshen up and got ready for dinner in gurney drive. Man I tell you we ate like no day nor night but it was good, so after much thinking we decided why not we end the night with abit of chilling in a bar just the 2 of us with some good music and couple of shots and hahahahahaha I shall not mention. And I should say we both really do have good market value there as many were staring at us... I don't know in a good way or bad but we did enjoy the entertainment but nah none were more attractive then having my half with me which I felt much more safe and secure cause I have my partner by my side and so does my partner having me by its side. So the rest of the evening went on......
Just a random picture to end my blog!!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts