Be Who You Are.




So when I was younger I used to have like girls more than guys, well that’s the lawful way of life. As years goes by I just begin developing my interest for guys, why? I don’t know. But yeah as years went on I had 2 bad experience relationships and I was a very quiet person which means I really do not publicized on my private life when I with my group of friends or even on social media.
As years past on, I tend to let go and you know we are now living in an era where people may or may not be as accepting as those days. Well so I being sharing more about my partner and me on social media and also to some of my close colleagues. To me personally it’s not an issue to be it. It is more of who you are and at the end of the day is you being comfortable of yourself and that you know your decisions.
Well as this year progress many of my colleagues found out who I am and I was like “gone there it goes I’m gone they might find me awkward and so on” but I was horribly wrong they actually welcome me with open arms and they told me that this company does not discriminate you for being Lesbian, Gay Bisexual or Transsexual. Because to them, everyone is still a human being and that you have 2 hands and 2 legs then you are just find. They have zero tolerance for any kind of bully on this.  That’s why many of my colleagues now know I am and I’m actually happy and that it’s not a burden.
Well I told 2 of my closes best girlfriends that I am which took me a lot of courage to come up to them and I was really prepared that I might lose them for good. But you know I was seriously wrong it was difficult for them to adapt but then they just got around that I told them and that now they are supporting me on who I am and this made me happy because it not only strengthen the bond but it also a relieve from me that I am no longer hiding this from them. Plus both of them have met my partner and they both love him as much as they love me. I love you girls you know who you are. Jane and Jyn I love you both and you are like my sisters that known me all my life.
So last week, 2 of my cousin texted me and said ‘marc, we know about it and we still love you anyways and we are here for you and standing by your side’ I was at the stage of being shocked and at the same time happy why? Because they are the first cousins to find out of who I am and that they want to meet my half but they say by reading about him on my blog they do know how much my half loves me and that my half is a good person. Great that is just the support I need. Well to know surprise my mum and sister is suspecting me but I just not ready to tell them. Well only time will tell.
So this week, another close friend of mine texted me to ask how I was and then she asked how was my significant half? I tried to dodge it but she is too hard to say no cause she has known me long enough. So I was texting her and she was happy for me that I’m stronger now and that she is also there to support me. By the way, I also do know the entire family….. The mum and sisters knows too and I was like OMGGGGGGG!!!! How awkward but they were supportive and said it was better that I found out earlier then late. Well they are there for me too.
Well, all I can say is that I’m seriously blessed to have a handful of family and friends that are there for me and someone that I can count on. Having support from them is the best thing I could ever have. But to get the blessings from my Mum and Dad would be the best blessing I could ever want and that I would not be a disappointment to them and that I may not be able to give them a daughter-in-law or grandkids but well good thing is that they will have another son-in-law and doggies as their grandkids …. Hahahahahaha. Am Kidding I do want to have kids but not in this country.
Anyway, yes I have shared what I needed to share, only time will tell for me to tell my parents. And I do know that no matter what I still love them and that they are still my parents and that can never change.
My advice to the rest out there, don’t be afraid of it. Just be yourself and be comfortable to tell, I you aren’t then its fine. Don’t ever force yourself because it may hurt you further.
If you have read this far, then I would say thank you beloved bloggers and readers for viewing and taking your time to read it. Love you alls!!!!
Peace!!!


MarcSq.


#dearstraightpeople

Comments

Popular Posts