Another accomplished staycation

So over the weekend, we stayed in Holiday Inn Express Kuala Lumpur City Centre. It open its doors to the public on the 1st of June 2016, so I would say we are one of the lucky few that enjoyed everything new in it.

The building isn’t new that’s for sure as it used to be ING Insurance Building in the early days. How did I know because I used to follow my dad most of the time to pay the insurance.

Anyhow, coming back the main story, the front desk did had some hiccups as the staff is rather new and it’s still undergoing training, how do I know cause I was once like him doing front desk duty. So the manager was apologizing for the rudeness. By the way after giving my reservation name and number for my IHG Rewards, the staff addressed me as ‘Mr X’ hahahaha I was stunned for a moment but I started smiling cause it was hilarious cause my name was on his screen but he still called me Mr. X, too much X-men movies for him I guess. But overall the front desk I would give you all a thumbs up.

As we head to our room, the 1st impression as I open the door was Whoa….. simple yet elegant. I shall the pictures speak on it’s own. 
Entrance
Bluetooth clock

Coffee Maker and Safe

Toilet

The Shower- Love the water pressure!

The entire room.The bed is all so comfy

The bed, my my it’s so soft and the moment you lie on it I bet you are gonna wanna so in it and never leave it. That’s how we both end up falling asleep on it while watching movie. Love the pillows and the quill….
Choose your pillow.

The shower was great but the only problem that we face was the door as it doesn’t really close properly. And the badly designed area for the coffee maker. Another bad part was the air cond… I was an off and on situation of it being cold and not cold. We manage to hit the gym too while we were there. Actually we always use the gyms when we got the chance makes life so much more convenient.
Gym Room

The next morning we went down for breakfast and it was a very simple yet filling actually. But to compare to the breakfast I had in Holiday Inn Express Phuket which I would say it was much more appetizing then the Holiday Inn Express KL. Coffee was good and thank go they had my cereal…
And I manage to get a late check out at 2pm instead of the usual 12pm. That’s the benefit of being an IHG rewards member. The best part of this hotel is that is located in the heart of KL…

Simple layout.


I would definitely would like to come back and stay again.

Cheers!

P.S The hotels and IHG rewards are all hyperlink so click on them for direct access.

Comments

Popular Posts